Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:33:34 -0800
Reply-To: mmcrae <mmcrae**At_Symbol_Here**DRI.EDU>
Sender: DCHAS-L Discussion List <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: mmcrae <mmcrae**At_Symbol_Here**DRI.EDU>
Subject: Transfer of chemical ownership

We have a faculty member involved in a field research project.  There 
are faculty from other universities working on different aspects of the 
project. Our faculty member had extra (?) money so he purchased a 
chemical for one of these other projects (essentially gave it to another 
university's faculty member). There are no money (grant/contract) issues 
in doing this, but because of cradle-to-grave responsibility, I would 
like to have written documentation that the title (ownership) is no 
longer ours.  I need to draft a transfer document for legal to 
review/approve for use.   I seem to be suffering from writer's block, so 
if you have faced this situation and can share your legalese, I would be 
grateful. You may contact me directly at Thanks.

Martha A. McRae
Director, EH&S
Desert Research Institute

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.