Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 19:30:38 -0400
Reply-To: List Moderator <ecgrants**At_Symbol_Here**UVM.EDU>
Sender: DCHAS-L Discussion List <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: List Moderator <ecgrants**At_Symbol_Here**UVM.EDU>
Subject: Lab Incident: Fire damage closes BOCES school

Fire damage closes BOCES school


By DENNIS YUSKO, Staff writer 

Last updated: 4:26 p.m., Monday, October 19, 2009

SARATOGA SPRINGS -- BOCES classes are expected to resume in the F. Donald Myers Education Center on Wednesday after a weekend fire caused officials to close the school to students.

Combustion in rags used in the center's HVAC laboratory caused a fire between 2 and 3 a.m. Saturday, Assistant Superintendent Janie Cornell said.

The Saratoga Springs Fire Department confined the fire to the lab area before extinguishing it. There were no injuries.

The fire damaged the lab, while heavy smoke and heat affected a wing of the school, Cornell said.

Some 850-900 students at the Henning Road school missed class today and will not return until at least Wednesday, she said.

Restoration work in the school started over the weekend.

Privacy Rights | Terms of Service
All Times Union materials copyright 1996-2009, Capital Newspapers Division of The Hearst Corporation, Albany, NY

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.