GAS TANK LEAK BRIEFLY SHUTS DOWN MIDTOWN INTERSECTION - DNAINFO.COM, http://www.dnainfo.com/20101223/midtow
A diesel fuel spill from a delivery truck briefly shut down the
Broadway and West 57th Street intersection Thursday afternoon, fire
Hazmat crews and firefighters responded to the small
spill, which happened after the truck hit a manhole just before 3 p.m.,
fire officials said.
The jolt caused the frozen food delivery truck's gas
tank to rupture, spilling roughly 10 gallons of fuel into the street,
the FDNY said.
"It was like thunder, like a boom," said truck driver,
Lemec Cruz, who was on his way to Grand Central for the last delivery of
the day. He felt the truck's back wheels sink into the
The intersection was closed to traffic for about 30
minutes as crews cleaned up the spill.
Hazardous Materials Emergency Units responded to
the 21700 block of Saratoga Drive in the Patuxent Homes neighborhood
shortly after 9 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 23 for report of a fuel
Investigation revealed over 130 gallons of heating
fuel had leaked out from a 300 gallon holding tank that was filled up at
midnight on Dec. 23, and was leaking into the basement and coming out of
the sump pump.
Update:There is a confirmed shake and bake meth lab
found inside the warehouse. A witness who reported the fire this
morning, said she saw a teen leaving the warehouse with a
No word if the meth lab started the
Update: Hazmat has been called out to the scene to
investigate a possible meth lab.
Firefighters responded to a
warehouse fire just before 9:30 a.m. at 3618 West Skelly Drive.
Crews were able to get the fire under control, just before 10
TFD says the fire started in
offices located inside the warehouse. The flames spread to nearby
pallets and other obstacles inside the building.
AN EXPLOSION has closed off
Ebblake Industrial Estate in Verwood.
fighters were called at 5.15am to the explosion, which could be heard a
mile away, in and around the estate on Blackmore Road.
arrival crews from Verwood liased with the police and found an exploded
cylinder along with a large quantity of smaller cylinders including one
acetylene cylinder, often used for welding and cutting.
explosion set fire to a derelict industrial unit next to Ringwood
No one was injured but people were evacuated from
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. --
Jim Cuddie never expected his house to be used by others as a meth lab
in 2003. "I found out right away because they threw stuff in the middle
of the yard. Hazmat put everything in the trash and said I had to get
rid of it," said Cuddie.
county or state meth cleanup regulations, he hired a Denver company to
do the work. Cuddie said he spent $17,000. But he was still unable to
get his house off a list of Meth Lab Seizures.
In March 0f 2005, the Colorado Department of Public
Health and Environment instituted the Colorado Board of Health
Regulations Pertaining to the Cleanup of Methamphetamine Laboratories.
It states after a industrial hygienist has cleared a property, the owner
can request it be removed from any government lists.
Cuddie attempted to get his home removed in 2005. But
said he ran into problems with the health department because his home
was contaminated and cleaned up prior to the new
CALGARY =97 Police and firefighters were on the scene
Wednesday evening of two building fires in the city's southeast that saw
a chemical plant release hazardous hydrogen sulphide.
have been evacuated and staff have been moved to another building as a
precaution in the 3000-block of 54 Ave S.E.
p.m., firefighters were called to two electrical fires. One involved a
transformer, the other an electrical room. The fires coincided with a
power surge and downed power lines.
Officials said that as a
result of the power outage and fire one of the buildings, a chemical
plant leaked hydrogen sulphide in the amount of 30 parts per million.
The fires were quickly extinguished and crews were containing the
chemical release Wednesday evening.
QUAKERTOWN, Pa. -- Firefighters were called into action when
an explosion sparked a small fire that damaged a chemical testing
laboratory early Thursday morning.
happened around 1:30 at Particle Size Technology in the 1900 block of
Kumry Road in Milford Township, near Quakertown, Bucks
The fire chief told 69 News
the explosion happened while workers were mixing a particle powder that
can become flammable and explosive when it comes in contact with
He said the blast blew a
home in the building and sheered metal doors in half, but none of the
six employees who were present at the time was injured and no equipment
Workers managed to contain
the fire to a small area.
said firefighters were careful in the actions they took on the scene for
fear that a second explosion might occur.