From: Monona Rossol <actsnyc**At_Symbol_Here**>
Subject: Re: [DCHAS-L] CHAS Tweets and Chemical Safety headlines (15 articles)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 11:13:31 -0400
Reply-To: DCHAS-L <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**MED.CORNELL.EDU>
Message-ID: 8D07C4F71A6BE76-152C-33DF**At_Symbol_Here**

Silos, manure pits, indoor compost, waste treatment plants, sewers, and any place organic stuff is decomposing can do this  And it doesn't have to include hydrogen sulfide, although this is a gas that can do it effectively.   It is usually a combination of gases, none of which are oxygen.  
Monona Rossol, M.S., M.F.A., Industrial Hygienist
President:  Arts, Crafts & Theater Safety, Inc.
Safety Officer: Local USA829, IATSE
181 Thompson St., #23
New York, NY 10012     212-777-0062

-----Original Message-----
From: William Munsey <MunseyW**At_Symbol_Here**BRCC.EDU>
Sent: Mon, Sep 9, 2013 1:13 pm
Subject: Re: [DCHAS-L] CHAS Tweets and Chemical Safety headlines (15 articles)

Very, very sad about the Russian family.  We had a similar incident in the 
Shenandoah Valley back in 2007, where several members of a family were overcome 
by hydrogen sulfide from a manure pit.  I have to wonder if H2S might also have 
been the deadly gas in this tragedy.

acsdchas Russian girl orphaned after ENTIRE family dies due to deadly gas caused 
by rotting potatoes in the cellar #HazMat 

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.