Provides general EHS support to the EHS Director and other EHS staff. Will assist in managing general OSHA related issues involved in construction, renovation and maintenance. Works with Operations and Capital Programs in construction/renovation activities on campus in accordance with applicable regulations and standards. Other duties will include data management, transport of items around campus, safety inspections, serving as a technical resource to the college community, and training. May assist in emergency response situations (ie. Chemical spills).
1. Develop, write, implement and improve upon guidelines/standards in support of EHSprograms to include construction safety activities. (ie. Hotwork program, OSHAEmergency Action Plans, EHS Construction checklist)
2. Effectively communicate with the college community and external stakeholders (ie. website, trainings, reports)
3. Maintain awareness on regulations and standards applicable to the college.
4. Conduct campus inspections (building, construction site, waste, oil, etc.), follow-up with corrective actions and generate report as needed.
5. Manage associated records and data.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree in related field. 1-3 years in related field. OSHA 10 or 30-Hour Construction Trained and or the OSHA General Industry Standards. Good communicate skills, both verbally and in writing. Can think and react calmly and effectively under emergency situations. Applicant should have excellent computer skills. Has knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, Building Code, Fire Safety regulations, environmental regulations, and hazardous materials. Exhibits good teamwork: is approachable, cooperative, and contributes to an overall positive and productive work/team environment. Pays attention to detail, has good organizational skills, can work with a diverse population, and is able to work independently. Has a valid drivers license.
This e-mail is from DCHAS-L, the e-mail list of the ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety.
For more information about the list, contact the Divisional secretary at secretary**At_Symbol_Here**dchas.org
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post