From: "Secretary, ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety" <secretary**At_Symbol_Here**DCHAS.ORG>
Subject: [DCHAS-L] Green Chemistry & Chemical Stewardship Online Certificate Program
Date: Thu, 25 May 2017 08:07:05 -0400
Reply-To: ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**PRINCETON.EDU>
This course will guide participants through OSHA's substitution planning process for understanding and evaluating chemical use, identifying and assessing alternatives, and implementing those alternatives that are safer. OSHA 7225 is for professionals at all levels of chemistry understanding who play a role in product and materials selection.
Green Chemistry & Chemical Stewardship Online Certificate Program
September 27, 2017 - June 8, 2018
3-course program intended to give graduates the tools to make a difference and find success by learning to design safer chemicals and industrial processes. Businesses are facing increasing market and regulatory pressures to use less toxic chemicals in their manufacturing processes and products, and are in need of professionals who can provide innovative solutions and more sustainable substitutes.
During this program, we will explore:
• The 12 guiding principles of green chemistry
• Business drivers and barriers to implementing sustainable practices
• Frameworks for incorporating chemical toxicity and human health considerations into product design, material selections, and supply chain
• Environmental, economic, and societal benefits of green chemistry
• Latest research and regulatory developments in the field
• New tools for chemical design and methods for comparative chemical hazard assessments
Completion of all 3 courses is required to earn a certificate. Register online at https://osha.washington.edu/pages/green-chemistry-chemical-stewardship-online-certificate-program or contact the DEOHS Continuing Education Programs at 206-543-1069 or ce**At_Symbol_Here**uw.edu.
Division of Chemical Health and Safety
American Chemical Society
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post