> >I think back to that incident when I hear about the Rainbow disasters and sometimes wonder if part of the problem is Uncle Joe. Everyone has been to Uncle Joe's BBQ where the charcoal isn't heating up fast enough, so in spite of the instructions on the bottle, he adds more lighter fluid to the charcoal.
Related to this, this story from Alabama appears in tomorrow's summary:
Jefferson County teen dies after stoking fire with gasoline
JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala. ‰??
A Jefferson County teenager who was burned while trying to start a fire has died.
The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office said in a release that it was notified by a hospital social worker that the teenager suffered severe burns and would be taken off life support.
The teen was taken to a hospital, where he died Thursday. Family and friends have identified the victim as 14-year-old Sam Gean.
Authorities say an investigation found that Gean and other juveniles were trying to ignite some type of paper near a deck of a home.
Authorities say Gean picked up a five gallon can of gasoline and dumped it on the small fire when the paper didn't burn rapidly enough. The gasoline exploded and showered Gean with flames.
Ralph Stuart, CIH, CCHO
Environmental Safety Manager
Keene State College
For more information about the DCHAS-L e-mail list, contact the Divisional secretary at secretary**At_Symbol_Here**dchas.org
Follow us on Twitter **At_Symbol_Here**acsdchas
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post