From: Melissa Ballard <melissa.ballard**At_Symbol_Here**MICHELIN.COM>
Subject: [DCHAS-L] lab sink question
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 14:32:56 +0000
Reply-To: ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**PRINCETON.EDU>
Message-ID: DB7PR09MB239432DE8A62D3056861953282670**At_Symbol_Here**

Would appreciate any assistance with this random laboratory question…The plumber at my facility is asking me what type of putty/epoxy/sealant (I really don’t know) he can use to repair the connection in our laboratory sink. It is where the sink basin connects to the drain. Over the years the old material has degraded and allowed for leaking. Any ideas on a specific product or even a generic material type?


The sink itself is the standard lab grade, black epoxy resin material you see in most labs.





Melissa Ballard - MSPH, CIH, CSP, CCHO

Industrial Hygienist / Industrial Hygiene Chemist

Michelin North America

email: melissa.ballard**At_Symbol_Here**



Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.