Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2008 13:01:22 -0400
Reply-To: Dan Crowl <crowl**At_Symbol_Here**MTU.EDU>
Sender: DCHAS-L Discussion List <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: Dan Crowl <crowl**At_Symbol_Here**MTU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Cylinder volume units?
Comments: To: List Moderator
In-Reply-To: <6DCCFBE3-D9CE-4A69-B558-8F8684D746BF**At_Symbol_Here**>

SCF stands for standard cubic foot.

The interesting thing is that it is defined at 60 deg. F., not 25 deg. C.

Dan Crowl
Michigan Tech University

List Moderator wrote:
> From: "Margaret Rakas" 
> Date: August 7, 2008 12:06:12 PM EDT (CA)
> Subject: [DCHAS-L]
> Hi,
> I am reading through NFPA 45, 2004 ed, Section and in their 
> discussion of allowed cylinder volumes in laboratory spaces, have run 
> into the unit "SCF".  I cannot find a definition anywhere..can anyone 
> enlighten me?
> Many thanks,
> Margaret
> Margaret A. Rakas, Ph.D.
> Manager, Inventory & Regulatory Affairs
> Clark Science Center
> Smith College
> Northampton, MA. 01063
> p:  413-585-3877
> f:   413-585-3786

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.