David C. Finster
Professor of Chemistry
University Chemical Hygiene Officer
Department of Chemistry
What they are saying is true. From a test animal stand point, the rat is the closest relative to humans, even closer than mice, so if the product is highly toxic to rats, there is very high probability that the material is toxic to humans. Based on the data shown, the only reason why the rat dies first and there are no human fatalities reported is due to the drastic difference in body mass. A rat weighs only about 0.5-1 kg where a human weighs on average 50-65kg. So if it takes x mg/kg for the rat to die, it would take 25x mg/kg for the human to be poisoned to death. Considering that swine are very closely related to use as well and a 25kg swine could tolerate a 500gm dose of 0.005% poison, it would be safe to that we could tolerate at least 1kg of it.
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post