ArtSource Giftshop | Table of Contents | Search Services | To Submit a Site
Your purchase supports this resource!
- Ada 'web owes its name to Lady Ada Augusta Lovelace, also known as Ada Byron. Asidefrom being lord byron's daughter, ada was a scientist. Her collaboration with british mathematician Charles Babbage led her to invent an operating system for his difference engine. She is considered to be the inventor of the concept of software. Lady Ada was also a poet, a musician, and a society woman who was very much involved with her contemporary culture. In a sense she is our muse...
- Art Embroidery Gallery America's first studio-gallery of embrodery art.
- An electronic art gallery, highlighting the work of students from the School of Art and Design, the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- The Art on the Net, Welcome to Art on the Net! Join fellow artists in sharing and creating works together on the Internet. Enjoy visiting artists studios and roaming the gallery.
- Experimental Dada Server The page that's sits in the corner and does as it's told.
- An online exhibit, Fluxus, conceived and executed by ILIGILI, J.J. Larrea, John Bratten, Paul Garren, and Nam June Paik. Fluxus is the wry, post-Dada art movement that flourished in New York and Germany in the 1950's and '60s, and influences many contemporary artists.
- Geo Coded Art uses digital map technology to add context to fine art, and to use fine art to illuminate geography.
- Founded in 1997 by Amy Stone, the Museum of Web Art is dedicated to presenting the art of the Web in its own environment. Ms. Stone states that "the Museum of Web Art was founded for the simple reason that excellence and innovation in this new, electronic medium must be made accessible to those who seek it, and displayed in an environment suited to its content." Very intriguing site!
Please support ArtSource by doing your
shopping with Amazon.com through us!
Table of Contents | Giftshop | Search | Submit a Site
This page is copyright 2002-2022 by ILPI. Unauthorized duplication or posting on other web sites is expressly prohibited. We respect your privacy. Contact Information: