Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:19:48 GMT
Reply-To: "mrsafetyman**At_Symbol_Here**" <mrsafetyman**At_Symbol_Here**JUNO.COM>
Sender: DCHAS-L Discussion List <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: "mrsafetyman**At_Symbol_Here**" <mrsafetyman**At_Symbol_Here**JUNO.COM>
Subject: Re: FW: safe number of students in chemistry lab
Comments: To: jim**At_Symbol_Here**CHEMICAL-SAFETY.COM

Depending on the class of occupancy determined by your state and occupancy use there may be assistance locally with this matter. I am a code enforcment officer and there are limitations when it comes to occupancy, eg. the number of people at one time that can occupy a space based on criteria in the code. Differs from state to state. Criteria are: occupancy class room size-sq footage stationary or moveable desks and chairs hazards You need to contact your local code enforcement official. They are the authority having jurisdiction and can cite and close a facility. I am sure your goal is purely the safety of the students and others including yourself. The codes offices are there to help and its free. Taxpyer money. ________________________________________________________________ The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand! Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER! Only $14.95/ month - visit to sign up today!

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.