Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 17:19:44 -0600
Reply-To: Robert_Tylicki**At_Symbol_Here**GCAMERICA.COM
Sender: DCHAS-L Discussion List <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: Robert_Tylicki**At_Symbol_Here**GCAMERICA.COM
Subject: Fume Hood Testing
To interested readers on this subject:

As a reader of the many e-mails that get posted on this list, I thought it
was my turn to ask some questions.

Does anyone have any useful information and suggestions on purchasing a
thermo-anemometer (hot wire anemometer) for fume hood testing (models,
features, calibration services, and any other ideas)?

Would it would be better to purchase the anemometer and smoke sticks to
test seven fume hoods according to the ANSI/ASHRAE 110-1995 standard or
just contract a testing firm to do this work?  If anyone knows of a good
testing firm that tests fume hoods in the Chicagoland area, please let me

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Robert M. Tylicki
Research Chemist
GC America Inc.
3737 W. 127th St.
Alsip, IL 60803
Direct Tel.:  (708) 926-3023
1-800-323-3386 ext. 3023
Fax:  (708) 597-6222

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.