Actually the phone number for Poison Control is the same nationwide * 1-800-222-1222. In Minnesota, it connects to Hennipin County Medical Center (HCMC), while in Wisconsin, it connects to Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. For more information, see the American Association of Poison Control Centers website at http://www.aapcc.org/ The State of MInnesota has made arrangements with HCMC to provide information by phone on workplace hazards for its employees. - Diane Amell, MNOSHA >>> "List Moderator"
05/27/06 6:15 AM >>> > From: ahalltoxic**At_Symbol_Here**MSN.COM Re: [DCHAS-L] MSDS question > From a Medical Toxicology Perspective: anyone who induced vomiting > in a = patient who has ingested any amount of potassium permanganate (however = dilute) has probably just committed malpractice. There are other, = better, ways to deal with this poisoning. For example, for your safety = programs, inside each and every telephone book in the US is a toll- free = 800 number that will connect you to your appropriate Regional Poison = Center for expert advice on all poisonings, whether by ingestion, dermal = or eye exposure, or inhalation. They have access to the most up-to- date = medical treatment recommendations and can put you in touch with = appropriate health care practitioners in a variety of medical fields. = Please don=92t just rely on MSDS for Medical advice. Often out-of- date = and sometimes seriously flawed. Happy to answer individual questions. Alan H. Hall, M.D. President and Chief Medical Toxicologist TCMTS, Inc. ahalltoxic**At_Symbol_Here**msn.com
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post