Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 07:06:03 -0700
Reply-To: Randy Norman <rnormanusa**At_Symbol_Here**YAHOO.COM>
Sender: DCHAS-L Discussion List <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**LIST.UVM.EDU>
From: Randy Norman <rnormanusa**At_Symbol_Here**YAHOO.COM>
Subject: Re: technetium 99
Comments: To: Suzanne Hamm
Unless you're dealing with exempt quantities procured from someone licensed
 to distribute it in exempt quantities (not likely), it will have to be use
d in accordance with your NRC or agreement state license, administered by y
our properly trained and experienced Radiation Safety Officer. If you
 already have a radioactive materials license, then you probably have a con
sultant on call who can guide you. If not, the first step will be getting a
 license and I would recommend hiring a qualified consultant to help with t
hat process and setting up a proper program. I'm not sure who is good in yo
ur local area, but you might contact the Health Physics Society or a local 
trade association for your industry for a referral.Randal O. Norman
--- On Fri, 5/15/09, Suzanne Hamm  w
rote:> From: Suzanne Hamm > Subject:
 [DCHAS-L] technetium 99> To: DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**LIST.UVM.EDU> Date: Friday, May
 15, 2009, 4:46 PM> > Anyone have information on> the safe handlin
g of technetium> 99 (a beta emitter)? I don=E2=80=99t have any knowledge
 on> the handling of radioactive> materials.  > > Thank you, 
> > Suzanne> Hamm       

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.