Utah http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14025449 8 taken to hospital after Ogden chemical spill By Bob Mims The Salt Lake Tribune Updated: 12/18/2009 05:39:12 PM MST A Friday morning chemical spill forced evacuation of a dietary supplements business in Ogden, and eight people were taken to local hospitals for treatment before being released. Deputy Fire Chief Chad Tucker says the spill happened about 7:15 a.m. at Pro Pac Laboratories, 3804 Airport Road. "They were cleaning equipment with a bleach solution that apparently came in contact with some product residue, producing ammonia fumes," he said. By 9:45 a.m., the area had been cleaned and cleared, and employees were returning for a scheduled company Christmas party, Tucker said. === India http://www.littleabout.com/news/50498,inferno-engulfs-chemical-factory-muz zaffarnagar.html Muzaffarnagar, Dec 18 - ANI: A massive fire engulfed in a chemical factory here on Friday. The fire broke out at Magna Industries located in Mansoorpur industrial area of Muzaffarnagar district in Uttar Pradesh, at around 6.30 in the morning. The fire is said to have started because of a sudden blast in the factory. "This is a chemical factory and it had caught fire this morning. Three of its employees suffered burns. Three fire vehicles are engaged here and the fire is somewhat under control now," said D.K. Kain, Superintendent of Police (SP), Muzaffarnagar. Fire fighters were busy in controlling the fire that raged === Australia http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/12/19/2776482.htm?section=justin Corrosive chemical spills at depot Posted Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:12am AEDT Emergency services have spent the night attending to a chemical spill at a transport depot in south-west Melbourne. About 500 litres of a highly corrosive disinfectant detergent spilt after 8:00pm (AEDT) at the McColls Transport depot in Altona North, forcing 20 people to evacuate. The chemical is used for killing bacteria in cooling towers and is dangerous to the environment. The Environment Protection Authority has been called in and fire crews are monitoring the next stage of the clean-up. Commander Frank Besanko from the Metropolitan Fire Brigade says the liquid has been contained. "We're cleaning up with the assistance of management," he said. "There's a private company that comes in and takes the waste away for it to get treated, so it can come back in the environment in a safe manner."
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post