d; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space;-webkit-line-break: after-white-space'>
The thermometer broke during class time on Friday, April 30, while being used b y a teacher during a demonstration. The students in class removed their shoes, so as not to track any mercury outside of the classroom, and were tested for traces of any vaporized mercury before being released. No one was injured, and students and parents were kept in communication with the school about the situation.
Using mercury in a science curriculum, even when found in thermometers, is no lon ger allowed in New York state. Webutuck had several mercury body thermometers i n the science classroom that have since been discar ded.
...this past summer Dutchess County BOCES, which is the school’s official ris k management agency, conducted a cleanup of chemicals in the science labs. Th e mercury thermometers were overlooked
I SINCERELY hope they didn’t really mean that the way it sounds…
Dr. Bradley K. Norwood
1941 Reymet Road
Richmond, VA 23237
(804) 271-5572 ext. 307
(804) 641-4641 (cell)
D i s c l a i m e r ***************
This e-mail message is confidential and may contain legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you should no t read, copy, distribute, disclose or otherwise use the information in this e-mail. Please also telephone us (804-271-5572), or fax us (804-271-5594), immediately and delete the message from your system. E-mail may be suscepti ble to data corruption, interception and unauthorized amendment, and we do not accept liability to such corruption, interception or amendment or the consequences thereof.
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post