BBC NEWS - NORTHAMPTONSHIRE
CREWS CALLED TO CHEMICAL FACTORY FIRE, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-10767115
Firefighters have been tackling a blaze at a chemical factory
on an industrial estate in Northamptonshire.
crews were called to Powdertech on Cockerell Road, Corby, at just after
1230 BST to a fire at a building on the site.
crews brought the fire under control in the afternoon.
Firefighters wearing gas suits are entering the building to
remove chemical material which has been contaminated by the
AZ=97A semi-truck collision on Arizona 77 injured four people and spilt
sulfuric acid onto the highway on Monday, July 19, 2010. The crash
occurred around 9:15 a.m., at milepost 120 along Arizona 77, just six
miles north of Mammoth, reports the Arizona Daily Star.
Department of Public Safety officials stated a tractor-trailer hauling
the hazardous materials and pick-up truck collided on the northbound
lane of Arizona 77. Officials have yet to say what exactly caused the
crash or who was at fault.
Four people were injured in the wreck and were
airlifted by responding emergency crews to a hospital for treatment of
their non-life threatening injuries. The identities of the victims are
currently being withheld. Officials did not say if the driver of the
semi was among those who were injured.
caused tractor-trailer to begin leaking sulfuric acid, which can be very
corrosive. Hazmat crews were called to scene to clean-up the
The DPS shut down the highway in both directions while
hazmat crews cleaned up the spill, and while investigations were
An explosion at a
petrochemical factory on Iran's largest oil terminal has killed four
people and injured several others.
Iran's official news agency
said high pressure in the central boiler of the factory led to an
explosion and fire at the facility on Khark island in the
So far the bodies of three of the victims have been
found and the blaze is under control.
highway has been blocked since a truck carrying herbicide caught fire
late on Sunday.
Emergency services say the mop-up will be a long
process because of the dangerous cargo.
destroyed the b-double truck about 25 kilometres west of
The driver stopped when he noticed smoke coming from a
He was able to disconnect the prime mover before the
Firefighters from South Australia and Victoria worked
overnight to contain the burning chemicals.
traffic is being diverted onto the Riddoch Highway.
Investigators from the federal government were on hand Friday
at the Horsehead Corp. zinc plant in Beaver County to figure out what
caused an explosion Thursday that killed two
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration and
representatives from the U.S. Chemical Safety Board were sifting through
the facility's zinc oxide refinery in Potter, near Monaca, where molten
zinc is turned into zinc oxide.
A blast at about 4:30 p.m.
Thursday killed James Taylor, 53, of Aliquippa and Corey Keller, 41, of
Newell, W.Va. Both were pronounced dead at the scene about two hours
after the explosion.
Autopsies showed both died of asphyxiation from smoke
Two other workers were hurt, one with scrapes and
bruises and the other with a neck injury.
BHARUCH: At least two persons were killed and seven
injured when a fire broke out in a chemical unit at Ankleshwar GIDC on
Continuous blasts at the three purification reactors at Uma
Organic and Chemicals because of the fire left the plant completely
minutes, the entire factory was in flames. We tried to rush out, but got
trapped in the fire," an injured worker Deepak Mistry said.
fire tenders had rushed to the site. "It was a major fire, but we
brought it under control after a three-hour fight," fire and safety
officer, DPMC Ankleshwar, Manoj Kotariya said.
BBC NEWS - MAN CHARGED OVER
LUTON AIRPORT CHEMICAL ALERT, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-10749903
21-year-old man has been charged after a flight from Luton airport was
delayed for six hours by a chemical scare.
Tkaczyk, from Slough, is due to appear before Bedford Magistrates' Court
charged with behaviour likely to endanger an aircraft.
arrested after cleaning fluid leaked from luggage on to a bag loaded on
to the Portugal-bound aircraft.
The fire service were called
as a major security alert was triggered on Friday.
aircraft was isolated and check-in suspended while both were inspected
A man made himself known to the authorities and
claimed he had packed high-strength cleaning fluid in his
Officers trained to deal in hazardous materials and
wearing protective suits examined the fluid.
DeKALB - A city well that is down the street from a
chemical fire that occurred Wednesday will be monitored, but it is
believed to be safe, according to a water department
Bryan Faivre, assistant director of public works, was
out on the scene of 234 Harvestore Drive Friday morning, he said. That's
where a tank full of chemicals Right Pointe Company uses to manufacture
construction materials caught fire Wednesday, injuring one worker.
well is west of the Right Pointe property, near the water tower on the
corner of Harvestore and Corporate drives, Faivre said. Because the
chemicals were contained to the property and the well is confined, it is
believed the hazardous materials will pose no threat to the water
supply, he said.
"The potential for any contamination due to this or
any other kind of containment spill would be rare," he
MOBILE, Alabama -- Mobile Fire and Rescue responded
earlier today to a report of a hazardous chlorine leak in an industrial
area of Chickasaw.
Mobile Fire and Rescue found a defective 1-ton
chlorine cylinder leaking at 1300 Yeend Ave. near Grand Bay. The Fire
Department quickly controlled the leak, a spokesman
Because of the cylinder's location in an industrial
area, no one was evacuated, but the leaking chemical forced responders
to wear hazardous materials gear while on the scene, the department
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post