Our researchers heat the 2% solution of Osmium tetroxide in water in a household microwave oven: 2 minutes at 20% or defrost power level. They told me that “everyone” does this.
Please share with me any thought you have on Osmium tetroxide work? Any special clean up or decon procedures for the chemical hood or in this case the microwave oven? Anyone had used corn oil for decontamination?
I am writing up a standard operating procedure for this chemical also and would appreciate any suggestion the group may have. Thank you so much for your help.
Yung Morgan, MsPH
Industrial Hygiene Services
Environmental Health and Safety
117 Draper hall
UMASS,Amherst MA 01003
phone (413) 545-2682
Fax (413) 545-2600
email : pmorgan**At_Symbol_Here**ehs.umass.edu
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post