I received 35 responses to my survey questions about how institutions are delivering lab safety training about chemicals. A quick summary of these responses are:
1. Everyone has some required training for the lab workers
2. 70% of the respondents reported that they offered role-dependent training
3. The biggest variation was in terms of how training was delivered. For this item, I've divided the responses into three groups: large institutions (>5000 students, 14 respondents), small institutions (<5000 students, 7 respondents) and non-academic organizations (3 respondents):
- Large institutions were pretty evenly split between those who offer online training only (30%), in person training only (30%) and some mix of the two (43%).
- 56% of small institutions report in person training only, with the remainder a mix of online and in person training.
- Non-academic institutions reported that 1 offers in person training only and 2 report some mix of online and in person.
Thanks to everyone who responded and all of your comments on the specifics of how your program handles these questions.
Ralph Stuart CIH
Chemical Hygiene Officer
Department of Environmental Health and Safety
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post