1. No, unless the course instructor requires it. (I don’t know if any do.)
2. Yes, if they take our online general lab safety training.
4. No; however, we do have a one-credit course on lab safety for grad students in Engineering. Undergrads are allowed to take that course.
Illinois is a pretty large school.
This topic probably has come up before, but I am interested in how other colleges & universities address UG lab safety training. This would not be for UGs in research labs, who may be getting a stipend or credit.
1. Do they attend the same training offered by EH&S for all lab workers?
2. Do their names get entered in the same database?
3. Does your institution offer a full day introductory lab safety seminar?
4. Does your institution offer a one credit course for UGs in lab safety?
Thanks for the responses. Let me know if you are a large school or small college- that may impact answers.
-Stefan Wawzyniecki, CIH, CHMM
University of Connecticut
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post