I reached out with this to a friend of mine who used to work in the FBI's Weapons of Mass Destruction Directorate. Here's what I got back:
There are numerous trainings for HAZMAT and WMD awareness.
1) DHS, FBI, DOD and DOS run their own programs for training.
2) DHS and FBI train local law enforcement and first responders the above issues.
3) FEMA has some training for civilian.
4) A number of federal contractors run training programs for companies and government (Booz Allen, SAIC, TASC, University Multispectral laboratory, etc).
5) Fire departments run HAZMAT training.
6) A few universities now have programs in all hazard response.
I guess my question is who wants training and why, because there are many more venues. Just type "WMD training" in google and you see a plethora of links. For her type of activities, she can easily reach out to FEMA, FBI local field office, or DHS and ask for training. Private contractors will charge significantly for WMD/hazard training (I used to run some myself when I left the FBI).