From Eugene Ngai, the Silane Guru-
Forwarded by Neal Langerman
FYI. Sunedison Pasadena TX which was formerly MEMC had a silane explosion and fire injuring 4 people. This occurred during a line break. I am trying to get more details. As luck would have it, I'm presenting on Pyrophoric Materials on Oct 23 at the Hotzone HazMat Conference in Houston.
A month ago in another silane related incident, a user used an industrial vacuum cleaner to vacuum SiO2 particles from a baghouse. This exploded severely burning the worker. SiO2 particles can develop a significant charge, in addition some are not fully oxidized.
These are reminders that we all must be careful when handling silane.
Eugene Y. Ngai
Chemically Speaking LLC
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ehs.grapevine+unsubscribe**At_Symbol_Here**semi.org.
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post