From: NEAL LANGERMAN <neal**At_Symbol_Here**chemical-safety.com>
Subject: [DCHAS-L] CHAS Treasurer Position
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:39:11 -0800
Reply-To: DCHAS-L <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**MED.CORNELL.EDU>
Here is a volunteer position that will place you in the leadership of CHAS and provide for a long-term, very gratifying professional experience.
CHAS TREASURER POSITION
The position of Treasurer of the ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety (CHAS) will become open at the end of the current term (31 Dec 2018). Given the complexity of the position, CHAS is now recruiting a Treasurer – Trainee to work with the current Treasurer and learn the many tasks.
As a Trainee, you will be reimbursed up to $450 for attending each National Meeting. As Treasurer, the reimbursement is $700..
- Must be a regular member of American Chemical Society and CHAS
- Requires between 5 and 20 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
- Must be familiar with QuickBooks and have some bookkeeping experience
- Must plan to attend every National Meeting and the monthly Executive Committee conference calls. When attendance in not possible, reports must be filed for in advance
- Manage the CHAS finances by paying invoices, tracking income and responding to questions about either
- Pay all bills
- Accept, deposit and document all funds received
- Manage donations to CHAS as a 501(c)(3)
- Act as “Business Manager” for publication of JCHAS
- Reconcile bank account monthly
- Prepare Financial Report to CHAS for each National Meeting
- Manage CHAS Exhibit Hall presence
- Book the space
- Sign Contract
- Pay for the space
- Prepare all of the materials
- Ship the space supplies and store the supplies between meetings
- Set up and breakdown the space
- Review and pay reimbursements to CHAS members who attend National Meeting executive sessions within 30 days of the meeting
- Manage Workshop registration and finances
- Interact with ACS staff by preparing Annual Treasurer’s Report to ACS & submitting the coming year’s Budget to ACS
- Consult ACS staff about specific financial and logistical requirements related to division activities and national meetings.
- Prepare IRS 990 EZ Tax Return
- Monitor investment accounts to assure a proper balance between risk and income
- Advise the Executive Committee about the potential logistical and financial impacts of program ideas and strategic initiatives.
The information contained in this message is privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.
ACSafety has a new address:
NEAL LANGERMAN, Ph.D.
ADVANCED CHEMICAL SAFETY, Inc.
PO Box 152329
SAN DIEGO CA 92195
011(619) 990-4908 (phone, 24/7)
We no longer support FAX..
Please contact me before sending any packages or courier delivery. The address for those items is:
5340 Caminito Cachorro
San Diego CA 92105
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post