From: "Secretary, ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety" <secretary**At_Symbol_Here**DCHAS.ORG>
Subject: [DCHAS-L] New post: CEU credits
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 10:26:26 -0500
Reply-To: DCHAS-L <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**MED.CORNELL.EDU>
Message-ID: 89BEA8EF-558F-410E-BABC-2E1C4A8F26D4**At_Symbol_Here**

From: Monona Rossol

I've never bothered with getting a CIH since I've gone my own specialized way since 1977 when I started. So I am unfamiliar with the CEU credits that CIHs have to get every year. Now I'd like to know more.

The reason is I'm teaching a 40 hour course in July at UMass-Amherst on Art Safety. It is designed for serious art students, teachers and EH& S people who need to know more about art materials, processes, special ventilation for art, etc. The school is working on getting regular CEU credits for people taking the course, but I assume there is something special about AIHA CEUs, right?

I know CIH people have gotten these credits from enduring some of the trainings/presentations I've done at conferences and events, but I never paid any attention to what that was all about.

I'd love to hear from anyone who can tell me if this is a valid idea, know who to talk to about application, etc.

Monona Rossol, M.S., M.F.A., Industrial Hygienist
President: Arts, Crafts & Theater Safety, Inc.
Safety Officer: Local USA829, IATSE
181 Thompson St., #23
New York, NY 10012 212-777-0062

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.