From: Barbara Foster <bfoster**At_Symbol_Here**WVU.EDU>
Subject: Re: [DCHAS-L] Moving labs in University
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2016 17:10:06 +0000
Reply-To: ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**PRINCETON.EDU>
Message-ID: BN6PR03MB3041863CD92F3321AA50DBF7AF850**At_Symbol_Here**
In-Reply-To <5791EC637A40E34AADB9414128F980EB3CA18ACF47**At_Symbol_Here**>

You don’t mention the specifics on distance and/or routes, but you have to follow all DOT regs when transporting hazardous materials on roadways. You will have to hire a licensed company to move hazardous materials across campus.


Barbara L. Foster

College Safety Officer

Eberly College of Arts and Sciences

West Virginia University

DCHAS Fellow - American Chemical Society

304-293-2729 (desk)

304-276-0099 (mobile)


From: ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety [mailto:DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**PRINCETON.EDU] On Behalf Of Fu, Zhen
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2016 10:01 AM
Subject: [DCHAS-L] Moving labs in University


Hi all,


Could you please share the policy or procedures on moving batch of chemicals within university from one building to the other? What EHS’s role on this matter?


Thank you,




--- This e-mail is from DCHAS-L, the e-mail list of the ACS Division of Chemical Health and Safety. For more information about the list, contact the Divisional secretary at secretary**At_Symbol_Here**

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.