ACS Member Insurance Program: Upcoming Professional Liability Webinar
Hays Affinity is hosting a webinar coming up on March 22nd called Professional Liability: Protect Your Consulting Business from Legal Liability, led by Richard Kissel, lead claims attorney on the ACS Member Insurance Professional Liability program. He will be discussing real-life scenarios of claims and lawsuits that are made against chemists and will offer risk management issues to consider.
Even if you are already covered by our Professional Liability program, this is a great opportunity to ask questions you've always had about your coverage!
If you would like to attend the webinar, you may click on the registration link here.
Five Tax Tips for Small Business Owners
With April 15th just around the corner, we found a helpful article that points out some tips specifically for small business owners. As the article explains, tax season can be a very stressful and challenging time for small business owners, so they offer a few helpful tips to help navigate the taxation season.
Plan for Estimated Tax Payments
- Establish a schedule to consistently transfer a portion of your business’s monthly income to a business account that is dedicated solely to quarterly tax payment.
Organize Financial Records Monthly
- Create a spreadsheet documenting the details of each receipt and its business purpose — keep a tally of monthly expenses relative to income.
Review Business Finances Before Year's End
- Review all business finances at least one month before the end of the year to recognize potential opportunities to minimize your tax burden.
Confirm That You Have Tax-Related Information From Employees and Contractors
- Secure signed W-9 forms and related tax documents from independent contractors before the tax season begins to ensure you have the necessary information to issue 1099-MISC forms for services performed.
To read the full article, please click here.
Wellness Challenges to Start at Work
Whether you are self-employed or work for a large organization or university, employee health and wellness is a topic that is on everyone's minds. Here are some engaging and healthy ideas that anyone could incorporate at work to help stay on the path of wellness.
Daily physical challenges can be fun, such as:
- Sleeping at least 7 hours each night
- Drinking at least 32 oz. of water every day
- Exercising for 30 minutes
- Avoiding the elevator and choosing the stairs
- Compete in a community event, such as a Walk or Race
Everyone can use some encouragement to eat better, so maybe ideas like:
- Keeping track of calories
- Avoiding junk food
- Preparing healthy meals for lunch
On a personal level, it's imperative that we work to keep our emotional health in tact. Here are a few ideas on ways to continue personal growth:
- Volunteer at a community organization
- Take time to enjoy a quiet relaxation or reflection for at least 10 minutes a day
- Mentor or tutor a child/student
- Express gratitude to someone
All of these are easy ways to help stay healthy in the workplace. For more ideas, you can read the full article here.
Hays Affinity will be attending the upcoming ACS National Meeting & Exposition. Please come visit us at the Member Insurance Booth! If you'd like to schedule a time to meet with us at the conference, you may do so here.
As a reminder, here are the dates we will be exhibiting at the conference:
Sunday: 6PM - 8:30PM and Monday & Tuesday: 9AM - 5PM
The Professional Liability and Chemical Educators Legal Liability plans are endorsed by the Board of Trustees Group Insurance Plans for ACS Members. For more information visit acs.org/insurance.