Our synthesis research lab has been discussing how to set up an inventory for all laboratory glassware beyond the quantity of each item. I was curious if there was a way to track each piece.
We have 4 100-mL single neck round bottoms.
Over the past 5 years we have bought 12 of these round bottoms. 8 have been cracked/broken/borrowed/etc.
Is there a way to keep track of each of the 12, so that we know which dates the 4 we currently have were purchased?
Ideally the marking/labeling/serial number/etc. would:
- Not compromise the integrity of the glassware
- Be able to withstand the high temperatures of reactions (up to 290C)
- Be able to withstand a dishwasher cycle for cleaning
- Be resistant to Acetone/MeOH/Water
Goals of this inventory:
- Track age of glassware.
- Be able to list specific glassware used in reactions for continuity and sources of variables.
- Restrict certain pieces to fragrance synthesis only.
Emerald Kalama Chemical is an industrial chemical company that manufactures specialty chemicals. This is specifically for our R&D Synthesis laboratory.
Thank you in advance for your input!
R&D Facility Lead
Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC
1296 Third St NW
Kalama, WA 98625
"Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference." – Winston Churchill
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post