More information is available from Bayan Takizawa, MD, MBA btakizawa**At_Symbol_Here**continuuspharma.com
CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals Job Posting
CONTINUUS is looking to hire a full-time EHS Officer/Lab Manager, who is well versed in the reporting, permitting, training, and emergency preparedness requirements as set forth by the EPA, OSHA, DOT, Massachusetts DEP, Massachusetts MWRA, and local agencies, (i.e., City of Woburn). Experience in the pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturing, or life sciences R&D industries is preferred, including knowledge of regulatory expectations and requirements (e.g., US FDA). The candidate will:
1) lead the development and implementation of EHS programs, including SOPs and inspections, both internal and as required by regulatory agencies;
2) develop and conduct safety training programs; and,
3) review and analyze safety aspects of ongoing and future experimental work and advise researchers on how to improve safety practices.
As the Lab Manager, the candidate will be responsible for:
1) ensuring the laboratory is in excellent working condition (in collaboration with the other employees);
2) enforcing standard cleaning procedures;
3) ordering materials and supplies;
4) maintaining required inventory levels; and
5) managing all the necessary tasks related to laboratory infrastructure.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Officer/Lab Manager
LOCATION 25-R Olympia Avenue Woburn, MA
(20 minutes north of Boston)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE Full-time - U.S.
- Bachelor‰??s degree (Master‰??s preferred) in an EHS-related discipline (e.g. engineering, biological or chemical sciences)
- 1-5 years of experience in EHS programs (emphasis on safety), including the recognition, evaluation, and control of hazardous materials/conditions and physical agents
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations
- Understanding of consensus standards for the protection of property and life and occupational health and safety, including Massachusetts fire prevention regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities, and see projects through to completion
- Capacity to employ problem- solving skills and analysis, and report issues to the CEO/CBO, as necessary
About CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals
CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals is a spin-off company of a $65 million collaboration between MIT and Novartis on continuous manufacturing. CONTINUUS designs and develops innovative continuous manufacturing processes for pharmaceutical clients, providing them with an exceptional ‰??one-stop solution‰?? for the entire drug development and manufacturing cycle.
Rather than producing medicines through batch-wise, step-by-step processes, CONTINUUS Pharmaceuticals offers a breakthrough Integrated Continuous Manufacturing (ICM) technology for small-molecule drugs. The synthesis of the active ingredient and the final dosage form are integrated into a seamless and completely automated process. This novel method will allow ‰??on-demand‰?? manufacturing of pharmaceuticals with significant advantages in production lead time, quality, product yield, environmental impact, and costs.
CONTINUUS has raised over $16 M through seed and Series A financing rounds and projects with pharmaceutical companies, the National Science Foundation, and the US FDA.
Learn more at: http://continuuspharma.com
For more information about the DCHAS-L e-mail list, contact the Divisional secretary at secretary**At_Symbol_Here**dchas.org
Follow us on Twitter **At_Symbol_Here**acsdchas
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post