So, I was just forwarded an email from our theatre department. AirGas has asked for them to fill out and sign a waiver for them to deliver a CO2 tank that will be used in a fog machine. I have never dealt with an art/theatre department
so this is new territory for me. Looking for a little insight into this=E2=80=A6 are the answers below reasonable and who normally signs the waiver, the Art Facility Manager? Here are the questions asked by AirGas (black) and the answers by our Art Facility Manager
(red). Supposedly they have ordered CO2 tanks in the past without filling out the waiver.
1) What are the sizes and quantities of the cylinders needed?
=E2=80=8BI ordered one CD 180LT 350lb.
2) What event are the cylinders going to be used for, at what venue, and how is the product going to be used?
=E2=80=8BIt is for the musical "Oklahoma"..
It will be at the University Theatre Center
It will be connected to a LeMaitre LSG Mark II Fog Machine
3) Will the product be used INDOORS or OUTDOORS - if INDOORS, explain the venue to include size of room/area where it is being used, if there is
adequate ventilation in place to handle the venting of the special effect, and if atmospheric monitoring will be used to ensure the venting is within safe parameters.
It will be indoors. The stage is 3000 sq. ft and the seating area holds 400 seats and is almost 6000 sq. ft. The room is 75' tall. There are smoke vents at the top of the stage house and large
air returns to HVAC units. It is also adjacent to a 4000 sq ft wood shop area that has direct access to the exterior.
4) Is the person/person's controlling the process experienced and trained?
Yes I am the person controlling the process and have used this machine and process many times before which included training during my undergraduate degree.
5) What additional steps will be taken to minimized hazards with the CO2?
=E2=80=8BWe have active protocol with our Risk Management Division on campus to carry out an assortment of special FX for the stage, which include use of fog machines. Our fire alarm specialist is also
part of that protocol.
For more information about the DCHAS-L e-mail list, contact the Divisional secretary at secretary**At_Symbol_Here**dchas.org
Follow us on Twitter **At_Symbol_Here**acsdchas