California State University, Sacramento EH&S is looking for an Industrial Hygienist/Chemical Hygiene Officer.
Under the general direction of the Director of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), the Industrial Hygienist serves in a leadership role and provides expert advice to support academic and business objectives with due consideration of occupational health and safety laws, federal and state regulations, and good practices. Will serve as the campus chemical hygiene officer. Will lead and conduct accident and incident investigations; provide advice on safety matters; develop and implement general safety programs; develop and conduct safety training; review and analyze safety aspects of planned and ongoing experiments and advise researchers and students on improved safety conditions and devices.
1. Experience in completion of hazard assessments for laboratory, shop and facility maintenance activities.
2. Significant experience preparing and presenting EH&S trainings, recordkeeping and reporting.
3. Experience using typical Industrial Hygiene instrumentation, e.g., sound level meter, PID, 4-channel gas analyzer, personal sample pumps
4. Experience conducting accident and incident investigations
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
5. Possess knowledge of applicable regulations and consensus standards for occupational health and safety including Cal/OSHA, NFPA, ANSI, CA Fire Code..
6. Knowledge of appropriate spill response procedures for laboratory quantities of hazardous materials
7. Knowledge/understanding and experience in identification, evaluation, and control of hazards associated with chemical handling, storage, transportation, use and disposal in a research university environment
8. Knowledge and experience in a broad range of building engineering principles
9. Strong hazard recognition and risk assessment skills for laboratory, shop, field research and maintenance activities
10. Expertise with PC-based applications including word processing, spreadsheets and databases
11. Strong written and oral communication skills
12. Interpersonal communication skill in working with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization, including conflict resolution and problem solving skills
13. Organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize and coordinate work as needed
Safety Manager, College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
California State University, Sacramento
Phone: (916) 278-7240
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post