I am writing on behalf of a client, Fauske and Associates, located in Burr Ridge, IL. More on what they do is here: www.fauske.com . They are seeking an EHS Coordinator. I have cut/pasted the qualifications below. They would prefer someone “local” to the Chicago area.
If you have any questions (other than salary), please contact me via email as I am away from a phone more than I’m near one recently.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES - EHS COORDINATOR
The responsibilities of the Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare comprehensive environmental, health, and safety policies and procedures for an environment consisting of office, laboratory and mixed-use space for a facility with > 60 employees.
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules
• Serve as the Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO) for the facility
• Develop and maintain the site chemical safety plan, industrial safety plan, and environmental safety plan
• Perform periodic walk-down of the facility and prepare reports, enter deficiencies in the corrective action program, and follow up on actions to assure compliance
• Ensure that record-keeping and reporting requirements are met for all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
• Periodically monitor site activities where accidents could occur, halting any operation or activity that constitutes an imminent hazard to personnel or equipment
• Assist on all environmental issues including permitting, regulatory compliance, hazardous materials training, hazardous waste disposal and associated documentation
• Respond to employee concerns regarding safety and environmental issues, and provide recommendations for corrective action as necessary
• Conduct air quality tests when necessary
• Assist on the workers' compensation claims program; ensure timely processing of claims; evaluate accident reports to determine accuracy and completeness and to ensure adequate investigation; ensure that the organization complies with applicable laws and regulations, and develop accident prevention programs
• Support incident investigations; prepare reports, and brief leadership on investigation results. Advise leadership of trends and changes that may result in reduction of injuries
• Develop, schedule, deliver, and monitor EHS training for employees, including new employee orientation
• Review contractor safety policies prior to allowing contractors to work on site. Develop criteria to be used in evaluating contractors on an ongoing basis
• Monitor the adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions that could affect employee health, comfort, or performance, and provide recommendations to leadership
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Environment, Health & Safety or equivalent
• 10 years’ experience in a commercial or industrial environment of a similar, or greater size operation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of environmental, health and safety environment including specific knowledge and experience in state, federal laws and OSHA regulations pertaining to laboratory safety (required)
• Experience managing ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 compliant programs (required)
• MS Office Suite and personal computer skills (required)
ANALYTICAL /INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
• Well organized, strong communicator with ability to effectively interface at multiple levels, strong work ethic and team player
• Strong Analytical experience
• Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills in a fast-paced environment
Harry J. Elston, Ph.D., CIH
Midwest Chemical Safety LLC
Standard confidentiality terms apply to this e-mail message.
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post