There haven't been a lot of lab incidents in 2020, but the real heroes of this event caught my eye...
An experiment in the BYU Clyde Building resulted in a chemical explosion Wednesday afternoon. One person was transported to the hospital for evaluation and treatment.
Provo Fire & Rescue Public Information Officer Capt. Sam Armstrong said the explosion was the result of an experiment involving hydrochloride acid that had a ??greater effect than anticipated.??
??The lab??s containment hood and decontamination shower are the real heroes today,?? Armstrong said. ??That made it very straightforward and quickly managed for the fire department.??
He said the only damage from the explosion was the sides of the containment hood being pushed out.
For more information about the DCHAS-L e-mail list, contact the Divisional membership chair at membership**At_Symbol_Here**dchas.org
Follow us on Twitter **At_Symbol_Here**acsdchas
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post