As many CHAS members know, the Division traditionally offers professional development workshops as part of its national meeting technical actvitities. However, with the unsettled nature of the 2020-21 national meetings, we have decided to host these workshop virtually this fall, in October. This is good news in the sense that people can participate in the workshops without facing any travel costs.
So, with more behind the scenes planning than usual, IČ??m pleased to be able to announce that the workshop schedule is now available at
There are two tracks for this fallČ??s workshops:
- Two peer led workshops of 4 hours each (registration for these workshops is $25/person)
- eight professional development workshops of between 4 and 8 hours (registration for these workshops is either $150 or $300/person)
This fallČ??s offerings are:
- Empowering academic researchers to strengthen safety culture
- RAMP in the Research Lab
Professional Development workshops:
- Writing Safety Statements for Publications (4 hours)
- Building a Safety Culture in Your Lab (4 hours)
- How to be a More Effective Chemical Hygiene Officer (6 hours)
- Laboratory Waste Management (6 hours)
- Safety Leadership in the Chemistry Enterprise (8 hours)
- Why it went wrong: Blame-free investigation of lab-scale incidents (8 hours)
- Reactive Chemical Management for Laboratories & Pilot Plants (8 hours)
- Laboratory Safety - Beyond the Fundamentals (8 hours)
Descriptions, details and registration links for these workshops can be found at the web site above.
Let me know if you have any questions about this.
Ralph Stuart, CIH, CCHO
American Chemical Society Division of Chemical Health and Safety
For more information about the DCHAS-L e-mail list, contact the Divisional membership chair at membership**At_Symbol_Here**dchas.org
Follow us on Twitter **At_Symbol_Here**acsdchas
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post