Hope everyone had a wonderful ACS meeting for those wh o could attend. If you could not attend – here are some highlight s from the meeting:
1) There were some excellent sessions on sustainabilit y, Ask Dr. Safety, the BP Spill, climate change, etc. Watch the ACS webs ite for further details. There will be a comment in an upcoming C&EN on the Presidential Session on Sustainability in Education.
2) The ACS Website has been revamped. There are a number of new features – many of which will make the website more accessible. If you haven’t gone to the website in a while ̵ 1; you might check it out.
3) 2011 is the International Year of Chemistry – you can nominate an “every day” event or topic for distribution. To nominate an event – go to www .acs.iycsurvey to submit. Deadline for recommendations September 17, 2010.
4) There will be virtual as well as other activities f or the International Year Chemistry – the First Quarter will focus on Environmental, the Second Quarter will focus on Energy, the Third Quarter w ill focus on Materials, and the Fourth Quarter will focus on Health. Ther e is some information on the ACS Network www.acs.org/network and on the ACS website – www.a cs.org/iyc2011.
5) The Green Chemistry Institute has released iSustain – which can be accessed at http://www.isu stain.com look for some upcoming webinars.
6) The ACS Webinar series has been well received.  ; Watch your email for a number of opportunities.
7) The ACS over the past few years has developed the Leadership Development program. You can find more information at www.acs.org/leaderdevelopment for specific course that are available. (Including some Harvard Business School programs) Additionally there are scholarships available for attending some of the sessions. If you are interested please contact one of the executive committee or myself for help.
8) Watch for information on a virtual Career Fair R 11; Nov 2 and 3.
9) There were over 14,000 attendees at the Boston Meet ing.
More information to follow!
Recall – my current assignment in ACS governance is on the Committee on Committees – if you are interested in participating in ACS governance please let me know.
Senior Air Professional
Laramie, WY 82070
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: This electronic message is intended only for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential, the disclosure of which is governed by applicable law. If the reader of this message is not t he intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender by eit her email or telephone. Please destroy the related message. Thank you for your cooperation.
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post