Lab inspection benefits:
• Laboratory safety inspections enhance overall laboratory safety and
• Improves connectivity and relations between safety and labs/department
• Reduces communication gaps between safety and researchers
• Aids to know about the chemical process and safety mechanism
• Provides mechanism to improve the LSCHPs and SOPs for chemical
Tilak Chandra, Ph.D.
Chemical Safety Specialist
“--our job in safety is to make the task happen, SAFELY; not to interfere with the work…” Neal Langerman
Trying to do a little benchmarking; could you please share with me:
1.) Does your Institution do laboratory safety inspections?
2.) What areas are covered (general safety, chemical safety, biosafety, etc)?
3.) How often?
4.) How did you justify the need for these inspections to leadership?
April Karr | Chemical Safety Officer/Laboratory Safety Advisor
Oregon Health & Science University
Environmental Health & Radiation Safety | Mail code: PP170
3181 SW Sam Jackson Pk Rd |Portland, OR 97239
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post