> >I recently realized this instruction is more useful to those nearby than to the person on fire.
Not to distract from Sheila's question, but this reminds me of a story related at this week's CSHEMA conference. A student in a teaching ended up with sulfuric acid on their face. They and the TA didn't start washing their face for 10 minutes because they weren't sure:
1) whether the liquid was water or acid (that question answered itself) and
2) whether they had "permission" to use the safety shower if it was acid.
This was a good reminder to me that in addition to training everyone how to respond, it's valuable to empower them to respond on their own.
Ralph Stuart, CIH, CCHO
Environmental Safety Manager
Keene State College
For more information about the DCHAS-L e-mail list, contact the Divisional membership chair at membership**At_Symbol_Here**dchas.org
Follow us on Twitter **At_Symbol_Here**acsdchas
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post