From: Samuella B Sigmann <sigmannsb**At_Symbol_Here**APPSTATE.EDU>
Subject: Re: [DCHAS-L] Two Questions
Date: April 13, 2012 10:32:47 PM EDT
Reply-To: DCHAS-L <DCHAS-L**At_Symbol_Here**MED.CORNELL.EDU>
Message-ID: <1902256265.888461.1334360383549.JavaMail.root**At_Symbol_Here**>

Hi Marjorie - When we moved ~ 12 years ago, we were required to hire a company to pack ours for DOT regulations since they were crossing the road - at least this was what we were told. �

On 4/13/2012 7:39 PM, drsamples**At_Symbol_Here**COMCAST.NET wrote:

I have a related question to the chemical transport question. A new science building at a rural college in California is now being finished, so they will have to pack and transport all of the chemicals from the old building to the new building. These would be chemicals that are typical for general first-year inorganic chemistry. Are the faculty and lab tech allowed to do the packing and moving of chemicals themselves or are they required to hire outside specialists? Are there any rules or prudent guidelines to follow in moving and supervising the move?

Thank you,

Marjorie Samples
Los Rios College District

Previous post   |  Top of Page   |   Next post

The content of this page reflects the personal opinion(s) of the author(s) only, not the American Chemical Society, ILPI, Safety Emporium, or any other party. Use of any information on this page is at the reader's own risk. Unauthorized reproduction of these materials is prohibited. Send questions/comments about the archive to
The maintenance and hosting of the DCHAS-L archive is provided through the generous support of Safety Emporium.