I’d like to gather some data regarding how you handle laboratory spills at your workplace.
· Who handles incidental laboratory spills? Trained laboratory personnel? Or a company/school Hazmat team? Or the fire department?
· Are there any restrictions regarding the quantity? such as those less than 1-2 liters vs. 2 liters or more?
· Are there any restrictions on where they are permitted to cleanup a spill? Such as inside vs. outside the fume hood?
· Are there any restrictions on the type of spills that someone is permitted to clean up? such as cleanup of corrosives? or cleanup of toxic chemicals?
· Do you provide spill kits for your laboratories?
· Do you provide spill response training for lab personnel?
Any other comments?
Feel free to respond directly to me if necessary.
Christopher E. Kohler
Laboratory Safety Manager
University Environmental Health and Safety
1514 E Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Previous post | Top of Page | Next post